Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quote!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Something unexpected was always threatening to knock me out of the game: family distractions, the results of my first state board exam, the outcome of my initial search for a residency. But through determination, discipline, and dedication, I was able to persevere.  

Sam On Perseverance pg. 221


                     This quote really had an effect on me; I thought all the things as a child of God I have to go through. Things that come my way and try to harm me, get my attention, or even things that try and hinder my relationship with God. The devils try's each and every day to put things in my path to be a stumbling block. Whether it’s me not reading my Bible, not having faith in God, not trusting him, or not remembering what he has done for me. But the thing is having the three D's determination, discipline and dedication God can help to overcome my flesh, and the devil. If I have the determination to get to heaven I have to have faith, and trust God. Always believing that God not I is the only perfect person. Also remembering that God has to discipline me for our sin, because I fall short of his glory each, and every day, and that I am not perfect. I also have to be dedicated in serving the Lord not letting distractions, or problems get in the way. I need to persevere always maintain a purpose for severing the Lord even though I am going to face obstacles, and just remember that God worketh through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment